If you've ever wondered what modern Mexican cuisine and Midwestern fine dining have in common, look no further. On Tuesday, April 17, the Blackbird crew is inviting Logan Square's Quiote to Randolph St. for a one-night dinner collaboration that explores the authenticity and soul of both restaurants.
Tickets Available Here
Guests will enjoy a nine-course tasting menu from Blackbird's Ryan Pfeiffer and Quiote's Dan Salls and Ross Henke, followed by desserts from Blackbird Pastry Chef Nicole Guini and former Blackbird Pastry Chef Dana Cree, who will open her debut ice cream shop, Pretty Cool Ice Cream, in Logan Square this summer.
Throughout the meal, Quiote Beverage Director Jay Schroeder will be serving rarely seen Mexican wines, mezcal and an exclusive “From Todos With Love” cocktail made with mezcal, honey crisp apple, rye whiskey, dry vermouth, Amargo de Chile, guajillo chile and fresh thyme. Here's a look at the menu:
- menu -
- carrot steamed in coffee masa and grilled -
- rock shrimp agua chile infladita with walnut cheese -
Beverage pairing: ‘From Todos With Love’ Cocktail
- terrine of potatoes with Oaxaca-inspired nuoc cham -
- octopus with cauliflower, almond and shaved brussels -
Pairing: 2015 Cava Maciel Venus Rosé Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico
- suckling pig pave with warm spices and pickled alliums -
- wagyu beef misoyaki taco with combo mole -
Pairing: 2016 Bici Listan Tecate, Baja California, Mexico
- elotes-inspired cheese course -
- paleta created by Pastry Chef Dana Cree (Pretty Cool Ice Cream; Blackbird alum) -
- chocolate created by Pastry Chef Nicole Guini (Blackbird) -
Pairing: Siete Misterios Tobala Sola de Vega Mezcal, Oaxaca, Mexico
Held in Blackbird’s private dining space, this dinner is $125 per person (inclusive of tax and gratuity) with an optional beverage pairing for an additional $35. Seating is limited.