A curated, multi-course dinner provided by Josh Crotty, Quiote Sous Chef, utilizing Quiote’s winter fermentations.
- Beet, Ham, Mustard Seeds, Amaranth
- Sikil Pak, Pepita Tlayuda
- Pickle Plate
• Red Snapper, Masa Miso, Tomato, Mezcal
• Avocado, Lapsang Souchong, Butternut Squash
• Yeast, Cauliflower, Arctic Char, Trout Roe
• Brassicas, Dill, Pork Fat
• Apple, Pear, Wild Tangerine Kosho, Hazelnuts
• Root Vegetables, Waygu, Koji, Bay
• Mushroom, Mushroom, Mushroom
• Kaffir Lime, Coriander, Fermented Honey
• Coffee, Black Lime, Cinnamon, Chocolate
More about Off the Record Test Kitchen:
Executive Chef Ross Henke of Logan Square’s mezcal-focused Mexican restaurant Quiote (Michelin Bib Gourmand 2018 & 2019) is giving his kitchen staff the spotlight with a brand new series of 2019 dinners featuring up and coming talent.
The Off The Record Test Kitchen, located in Quiote’s upstairs private dining space, is an innovative measure to give these “off the record” team members who work behind the scenes each day a chance to get hands-on experience creating their own tasting menus for the public. Guests for these exclusive monthly dinners will have the opportunity to taste never-before-seen creations and new interpretations of classic dishes from Mexico, Puerto Rico and beyond through the utilization of global cooking techniques, fermentation and more.
Come jam out with the chefs as they bang out course after course to the rotating beat of collected vinyl while enjoying eclectic beverage pairings courtesy of Beverage Director Jay Schroeder (Jean Banchet nominee for Best Mixologist 2019).